A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

That Dang Hemnes Dresser

As I mentioned back in this post our well-built black bedroom furniture got the boot for the white Ikea Hemnes furniture when we needed to lighten things up.  But my dear Hemnes dresser couldn't hold up to my collection of clothes. 

I kept fixing the dresser only to have it burst open in a "you can't fix me, you can't fix me" taunt.  Even putting a few more nails into it did nothing to help.  Finally fed up with simply putting the dresser back together, I decided to fix this dresser once and for all. 

 I took my trusty Gorilla Glue and ran a bead on both the front and back pieces for each drawer.

 I used the Lucerne milk crate that we use as a toy bin to weigh down the drawers until the glue dried.

And then I filled them back up and gave it the ol' push test, but not too hard.  I'm not crazy, people!  Plus, my faith is not too strong in Mr. Hemnes being able to escape his utter doom. It's only a matter of time before this little lady is going shopping for a well-built vintage piece.



  1. Bummer. I've had 4 Hemnes pieces for years and never had trouble with them. Maybe you got a lemon!! I hope the glue holds!!


Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace