I'm on a faceted kick. Maybe it's because school is back in session and my husband is up to his elbows in geometry lesson plans or maybe it's just the simple fact that I like the surprising use of texture and shape. Either way, I've got it bad.
What's faceted you ask? Simply put, it means having many non-parallel surfaces.
I first stumbled upon this faceted pendant lamp and have been in the process of making my own but that process has been stretched out weeks upon weeks. My choice between making a million little cootie catchers or just lazily sprawling out on the sofa to watch some garbage tv (my favorite kind) has been a bit one sided as of late.
1. DIY Faceted Pendant Lamp by the 3 R's blog
Not only have I been gaga over this lamp, but I've been coveting some origami art in my husband's classroom. It's been hard not to just slip a few of the best pieces into my bag when we're sharing lunch. I suppose I could just make my own, but first I'm thinking about busting out all of these beautifully crafted projects.
2. DIY Marc by Marc Jacobs Inspired Faceted Earrings by DISMOUNT CREATIVE
3. DIY Geometric Favor Boxes by Ruffled
4. DIY Faceted Wood Alarm Clock by DesignSponge
7. DIY Faceted Wood Light Shades by How Do You Make This
8. DIY Faceted Clay Bangles by Mixed Method
9. DIY Faceted Geometric Pendant Necklace by DISMOUNT CREATIVE
10. DIY Faceted Gem Flower Pots by DesignSponge
11. Ombre Faceted Magnets by A Second Life Shop